Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Conversations With the Dead: 3/15/80 Seabrook, Texas

Tuesday

Dear Teresa,

Well, I got moved into Sally's and I've been out job hunting today. I probably will find one this week. I've got my own room here at Sally's and I've got it fixed with my whatnots, etc. Mr. Charles likes it here too. They have two little puppies, but they stay outside all the time and in the garage at night. I've got all the rest of my stuff stored in the garage.

When do you get out for Easter and for how long? A round trip ticket costs $48 if you come and go back after 7:30 PM (That's with Southwest Airlines. They'll have to take you to Dallas Love Field to get that flight. And you'll come in here at Hobby Airport). When I find out when you can come, I'll get the exact time you leave, and let you know, and send you the money. It'd be best if you had Charlene call and make a reservation for you, a few days before you come. It just takes 50 minutes to get here. It'll be a new experience for you. And I'll be at the airport to pick you up. Let me know when you can come, as soon as you can. If you want, you can call me some night, and let me know. Sally's number is (713)--------. And her address is ---------. Let me know soon.

Have you heard from David or have you written him? I sent him a birthday card, but I haven't gotten a letter.

Well honey, that's all my news. Let me hear something soon. I love you.

Love,
Mother

~~~

Reading this, I have a horrible feeling you won't be there when I land.

No comments:

Post a Comment