Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Conversations With the Dead: April 4, 1980, Seabrook, Texas

Dear Teresa,

Got your letter and really, I'm glad Feisty is out of his misery. It's really cruel to let a dog live like that.

I took Charlie to the vet and he's fine except for allergies (like his momma, I guess!).

I'll get to move into my apartment June 1st so I'll be all set up by the time you come down. It's an all adult complex and it's next to a lake. It has a pool so we'll both get us a suntan. (They consider a 15 year old an adult). So I'll drive up and get you July 1st 'cause I'll be off that day, and the next. So be ready! I hope to buy my own furniture too.

I got my contact lenses and I sure do like them. I tried to wear them back in '59 but they make them a lot better now.

I've started going to the Catholic church again. I went to mass Easter, and even bought me an Easter dress! I'm so grateful that everything is going like it is. God's been good to me.

Have you ever written David? I haven't heard anymore from him. Don't know if he's still there or not. Let me know if you hear.

I'm going on a diet this week. Sally lost fifteen pounds in one month! I'm going to start going to the spa with her, and work out, too. I gained too much weight at Toni's.

Well honey, guess this is all for now. Be sweet and let me hear. This picture was taken one night when I went over to a friend's house for hamburgers.

Love you gobs!
Mother

~~~

Feisty was Granny's Chihuahua. He was 21 years old. Poor thing was going blind, had arthritis. We laughed about it, saying Granny was so obsessed with that dog she probably put him in a bag and kept his corpse under her bed. In his last few years he was anything but feisty.

The Catholic church you're attending is St. Paul in Nassau Bay. I will be confirmed there in 2003. So will your first two grandchildren not long after me. I will attend one service there with you, a Christmas Eve midnight mass. Back then I had nothing against the religion. Times change.

David is most likely in a commune or living in the streets. The only letters I have from him are dated 1982.

The photo of you with friends was lost I guess. I can't find it anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment