Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Conversations With the Dead: 6/11/80 Seabrook, Texas (Nasa Rd I)

Dear Teresa,

Well, I finally got moved in! Can't believe it. Still don't have a dining room set or a chair for the living room but I'll have them before you get here. Need a lot of little odds and ends too, that I'll get slowly but surely. It'll be fun fixing it like I want it. Red and Scotty (his son) moved me, poor guys. I'm on the second floor so they had fun!

I think I moved three blocks from work just in time. The old gray goose is acting strange and there's no way I can afford any work done on it right now. But the grocery store and everything is within walking distance thank goodness. I think it's brake shoes or something to do with the brakes.

Mr. Charles doesn't know what to think. And he's so spoiled after being at Sally's and having someone around all the time. I don't know what I'm going to do with him. He throws a fit every time I leave.

How's Granny doing now? She may end up moving in with you all if she gets too bad.

Well honey, guess this is all my news. Just wanted you to know I got moved in and give you the address. Since I don't have a phone now, if you ever need to call me, call me at work anytime between 1:00 PM and 6:00 PM during the week, and from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.

Write me soon and I love you gobs!

Love,
Mother

~~~

Dad will put Granny in a home soon. She will live outlive you by almost a decade. You were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment