Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Conversations With the Dead: 4/19/82 Indio, California (from David)

Dear Mom,

How are you Im fine todays the 19th I got 27 days left until I get out Gonna be nice to see the world again really nice. Not much going on in here just eating sleeping and watching TV Thank you for the money and everything else Well not much to say be good

Love,
David

~~~

Dear Charlotte,

How are you. I'm fine today's the 19th I got 17 days left until I get out. Gonna be nice to see the world again really nice. I thought Id write mom and let you mail it to her OK. Not much going on in here just eating slepping and watching TV havent heard from you what happend mom hasent written eather well any way 27 days left really 25 because todays over and my realease day I go home at 5:30 in the morning so its Cool Well see ya

Love,
David

~~~

I don't usually get upset about the letters but these really hurt. Again, I typed them with their original mistakes. David dropped out of school in either ninth or tenth grade. He, Dad and Charlotte always struggled with spelling, but David was also dyslexic and along with the schizophrenia and medication or the lack thereof...

I don't know if he's writing from jail or a mental health ward. Could be either. I have nothing else from him.

We spent a few months together once I moved in with Mom in September, 1980 then I never saw him again.

They are buried side by side in Rosehill Cemetary, Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment